- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Have Knee Pain? Come to Davison Chiropractic, Your Chiropractor in Tualatin
It started off routinely enough: you woke up one day and found that your leg, particularly your knee, was stiff, sore, and swollen. It became tough to move or bend your knee, and it may now be accompanied by pain if you did.
You’ve rested your leg, but it’s been a few weeks and the pain isn’t getting better. It sounds like it’s time for you to see a knee doctor in Tualatin.
What Are the Causes of Knee Pain?
There are many reasons you may have knee pain, such as:
- Lack of stretching before physical activity
- Wrong form and posture
- Strains and sprains
- Injuries, such as sports injuries, workplace injuries, or even auto accident injuries
- Bone tumors, specifically the bone cancer osteosarcoma
- Ligament tears, such as an anterior cruciate ligament or ACL tear
- Meniscus tear, which harms the cartilage
- Kneecap dislocations
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Baker’s cysts, where the knee’s synovial fluid becomes excessive and leads to pain
- Gout and osteoarthritis
Knee Pain Types
Knee pain types vary. For instance, there’s the pain that’s caused by an injury. You may notice that physical activity intensifies this pain, but that reclining or lying down lessens it somewhat.
Medical conditions, like those mentioned above, can also add to knee pain. If so, you may be in pain despite what you do until you get treatment for the condition.
Then there’s chronic knee pain, which can be caused by an old injury or medical condition. This was left untreated and may not go away.
If you have knee pain, you may have these symptoms off and on regularly:
- A burning feeling that often isn’t intense but is still uncomfortable
- Stronger aches, especially during physical activity, even walking or lightly jogging
How a Knee Doctor in Tualatin Can Administer Knee Treatment
When you see a knee doctor in Tualatin, they will start with some diagnostic testing. Once they confirm the knee pain cause, they can administer knee treatment. This includes chiropractic techniques that trigger the soft tissue, joints, and muscles.
Over time, you should notice improved flexibility and mobility, less swelling, and less pain as well. This may take longer if you have chronic pain, but even then, a chiropractic can manage your pain levels so you can live a more comfortable life.
About Davison Chiropractic, Your Tualatin Chiropractor
If you’re looking for a Tualatin chiropractor for knee pain treatment, come to Davison Chiropractic. We’re led by Dr. Davison, our chiropractor in Tualatin who administers chiropractic care for carpal tunnel syndrome, migraines, headaches, plantar fasciitis, workplace injuries, sports injuries, and auto accident injuries.
To set up your appointment with Dr. Davison today, give us a call at 503-612-9981 or come to Davison Chiropractic on 18747 Southwest Martinazzi Avenue.