Plantar Fasciitis Treatment From Our Tualatin Chiropractor
When you get out of bed in the morning, do you experience foot pain?
Does this foot pain also come on when you get up after sitting down for a long period of time?
Are you a competitive athlete, a "weekend warrior", or someone with a physically demanding job?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then you may have or are at risk for having a common foot pain condition known as plantar fasciitis. At Davison Chiropractic, our Tualatin chiropractor, Dr. Davison, has worked with hundreds of Oregon natives struggling with this condition which fortunately can respond very well to chiropractic care.
Plantar Fasciitis Explained
Go ahead and touch the arch of your foot. What you're feeling is a long ligamentous tissue called the plantar fascia, which runs from your forefoot to your heel. This fascia is important for creating stability and mobility in your foot and helping to absorb forces imposed on your body during weight-bearing activities (like walking, running, stair-climbing, etc.)
Sometimes, this band of tissue can become inflamed and irritated, leading to a variety of uncomfortable symptoms described below. When this happens, a person can be said to be suffering from plantar fasciitis.
Symptoms & Causes of Plantar Fasciitis
The classic symptoms of plantar fasciitis include:
- Heel pain that feels dull, achy, burning, boring, and/or sharp
- Pain in the heel or foot that is worse first thing upon rising from bed or from a chair
These symptoms can vary on a case-by-case basis. The onset, duration, intensity, and type can be different for each individual. These individuals who suffer from this condition are often people who:
- Have over-trained or under-trained for an athletic event
- Have exercised "too much too soon"
- Have very high or very low arches
- Have stiff ankles
- Have diabetes
- Have a physically laborious job (especially if they are on their feet all day)
- Are obese
These and other factors can increase the amount of stress and strain on the plantar fascia and increase its risk of becoming inflamed or irritated.
Chiropractic Care of Plantar Fasciitis
Tualatin chiropractor Dr. Davison uses a variety of chiropractic services to help people feel better if their lives have been affected by plantar fasciitis. These services are completely non-invasive and drug-free, delivering the maximum potential benefit with an extremely low risk of adverse reactions.
Here are a few things you can expect if you come to see our chiropractic team for plantar fasciitis treatment in Tualatin:
- Chiropractic adjustments to correct any postural or spinal alignment abnormalities which may be causing increased stress on the feet
- Lifestyle counseling, including postural re-training and sports-specific movement training
- Corrective exercises and stretches to improve ankle flexibility, promote tissue healing, and increase foot and leg strength
Call Davison Chiropractic Today!
For all your wellness care needs, visit Davison Chiropractic today in Tualatin, Oregon. Call (503) 612-9981 to schedule your initial consultation, which is FREE For new patients!